DANIELA GIORDANO, actress , director, writer, expert of international contemporary theatre and contemporary African drama, she graduated from the National Academy of Dramatic Arts ” Silvio d’Amico” in Rome, Member and Professor for ITI- International Theatre Istitute- UNESCO, she works in Italy and abroad.
Her work and her research has always been characterized by a strong social and civic engagement to which is added the capacity to investigate and a strong visual impact. Her work has been the subject of thesis at the Academy of Fine Arts in Carrara in the 2001. Shows directed and performed by her have been presented in Italy, Europe, Africa, United States and Canada.
She’s committed by the most important theatres, playing great characters of literature, classical and contemporary drama, directed also by internationally renowned directors such Luca Ronconi, Jury Lijubimov, Benno Besson.
She also plays in Cinema, Television and Radio.
In 2009 she is appointed president of the Jury of the XXI Cairo International Festival for Experimental Theatre and Member of the International Jury of the XVII Damascus Film Festival.
She’s directed and is founding member of AlcantaraTeatro and she’s founded in Rome the Center of Theater Research ScenaMadre in the 2001.
She’s created and she’s the artistic director of Festad’Africa International Festival of Contemporary African Culture, since 2002
She’s won the Golden Grolla as best actress Fiction 2006.
She has won numerous awards including the Golden Mask as best actress in 1993 and she‘s received a medal by the President of the Italian Republic for Festad’Africa Festival in 2009.
- ” Paride” directed by Carlos Solito (2015)
- “Buoni a nulla” directed by Gianni Di Gregorio (2014)
- “Tutto l’amore del mondo”directed by Riccardo Grandi (2010)
- “Questo piccolo grande amore” directed by Riccardo Donna (2008)
- “Il sangue dei vinti” directed by Michele Soavi, (2008)
- “Un Uomo perbene”directed by Maurizio Zaccaro (1999)
- “Donne in un giorno di festa” directed by Salvatore Maira (1993)
- “Fuga dal paradiso” directed by Ettore Pasculli,(1991)
- “Chiedi la luna” directed by di Giuseppe Piccioni, (1991)
- “Piccoli fuochi” directed by Peter Del Monte (1985)
- “Le mani dentro la città” TV series, directed by Alessandro Angelini, role Teresa Mancuso (2013)
- “Le mille e una notte: Aladino e Sharazade” TV movie,directed by Marco Pontecorvo ( 2012)
- “Il Commissario Manara2”TV series, directed by Luca Ribuoli (2010)
- “Le cose che restano” TV movie, directed by Gianluca Maria Tavarelli, role Anita (2009)
- “Medicina Generale” TV series, directed by Luca Ribuoli, role Emma Costantini (2008)
- “Distretto di Polizia 7” TV series, directed by Alessandro Capone, role Cristina Fontana (2007)
- “Sottocasa”soap opera, start up director Alberto Ferrari , role Mimma( 2006)
- “Karol – Un papa rimasto uomo” TV movie, directed by Giacomo Battiato, role Sister Esperanta (2006)
- “Attacco allo stato” TV movie, directed by Michele Soavi, role Olga D’Antona (2005)
- “Der Todestunnel- Nur die Wahrheit zählt” (TV) Directed by Dominique Othenin-Girard (Austria) (2005)
- “Borsellino”TV movie, directed by Gianluca Maria Tavarelli, role Agnese Borsellino(2004)
- “Cuccioli” TV series, directed by Paolo Poeti (2002)
- “Cuore” TV series, directed by Maurizio Zaccaro, role Florence(1999)
- “Il Mistero del cortile” TV series, directed by Paolo Poeti (1999)
Prizes and Awards
- ACMID-Woman- Averroè Award “ for use in defence of human rights”, Rome, in 2013.
- Lifetime Achievement Award at the Festival of Theatre Nekor Méditerranéen, Al-Hoceima, Morocco, in 2010.
- Medal of the President of the Italian Republic Giorgio Napolitano for Festad’Africa Festival, in 2009.
- Grolla d’Oro ( Golden Cup) as Best Actress for the TV series RAI “Sottocasa”, in 2006
- Silver Medal of the President of the Italian Republic Carlo Azeglio Ciampi for Festad’Africa Festival, in 2005.
- Golden Mask as Best Actress for the Theatre in 1993.
- “La scelta del tempo” written and direcred by Daniela Giordano (2016)
- ” Di chi è la terra?” written and direcred by Daniela Giordano ( 2015)
- “La donna bambina” written and directed by Roberto Cavosi (2014)
- “Voci di donna – Chiamarla V “written and directed by Daniela Giordano (2014)
- “Jaz”by Koffi Kwahulè, directed by Daniela Giordano (2013)
- “Difesa di dama” by Isabel Carmona and Joaquìn Hinojosa, directed by Tullio Pecora (2012)
- “Orpheus“ written and directed by Daniela Giordano (2010)
- “Attivamente coinvolte” written and directed by Daniela Giordano
- “Troilo e Cressida”by William Shakespeare, directed by Giancarlo Cobelli
- “Ivanov”by Anton Checov, directed by Marco Sciaccaluga
- “Riccardo II”by William Shakespeare, directed by Gabriele Lavia
- “Il tartufo”by Molière, directed by Benno Besson
- “L’amore delle tre melarance”by Gozzi, directed by Benno Besson
- “Don Giovanni”by Molière, directed by Marco Sciaccaluga
- “Il cerchio di gesso del Caucaso” by Bertold Brecht, directed by Benno Besson
- “La bella regina di Leenane” by Martin MacDonagh, directed by Valerio Binasco
- “Caos debout”by Veronique Olmi, directed by Marco Carniti
- “Opera Buffa”by Michele Celeste, directed by Cherif
- “Il sogno”by Strindberg, directed by Luca Ronconi
- “Le Baccanti” by Euripide directed byAldo Trionfo
- “Lo zoo di vetro”by Tennesee Williams, directed by Giancarlo Sepe
- “La bisbetica domata”by W. Shakespeare, directed by Giancarlo Sepe
- “Victor o i bambini al potere”by Roger Vitrac, directed by Giancarlo Sepe
- “Al Tabou di Saint Germain des-Prés”written and directed by Gianni Clementi
- “Il festino in tempo di peste”by Puskin, directed by J. Ljubimov
- “Melampo” by Ennio Flaiano, directed by Massimo De Rossi
- “Cavallo in fuga”by Martin Walzer, directed by Franco Però
- “Singoli” by Siciliano, directed by Franco Però
- “Maligne congiunture” by Gianni Clementi, directed by Piero Maccarinelli
- “La Tana”by Bassetti, directed by Antonio Calenda
- “Voglia di pentimento”by Vittorio Franceschi, directed by Walter Manfrè
- “Chi, o Saffo, ti fa torto?”by Dino Villatico , directed by Daniela Giordano
- “Edoardo II”by Marlowe, directed by Giancarlo Cobelli